AlabamaRig.com has confirmed with Lansing Michigan DNR Fisheries and Law Enforcement Divisions that castable umbrella rigs like The Alabama Rig are legal in Michigan using up to 6 hooks.
- Top Castable Umbrella Rigs for Bass March 26, 2015
- The Amazon Rig for Peacock Bass March 25, 2015
- Michigan DNR says up to 6 hooks legal for umbrella rigs March 7, 2015
- Illinois DNR clarifies Alabama Umbrella Rig Regulations March 7, 2015
- Modified Two-Hook Alabama Rig Meets Iowa Fishing Laws March 7, 2015
- Alabama umbrella Fishing Rigs: Legal in Minnesota? March 7, 2015
The new Alabama rig is sweeping the nation, raising questions by anglers regarding its legality. The Illinois DNR legal staff, working with the Divisions of Fisheries and Law Enforcement, have determined that the Alabama rig IS legal in those waters in the state that do NOT have the “2 poles only with no more than 2 hooks or lures per pole regulation.”
A new fishing lure may be catching more anglers than fish and is generating quite a buzz on message boards and sports shows across Iowa.
Is The Alabama Rig or other castable umbrella rigs legal in Minnesota? The short answer, no, but rigs with 5 attractors and only 1 hook are legal.